The Electoral Commission(EC) of Ghana held balloting today allowing the presidential aspirants to choose how they will appear on the ballot papers on December 7, 2020.
This was done by randomly selecting numbers which were picked by either party representatives or flag bearers.
The exercise will take place at the Headquarters of the Electoral Commission.
The New Patriotic Party picked “Number 1″ which means it would appear as the first political party on the ballot paper on December 7, 2020 while the National Democratic Congress picked “Number 2” rightly following their greatest rival in this year’s election.
Positions Of Political Parties the Ballot Paper Come December 7
- New Patriotic Party – Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo
- National Democratic Congress – John Dramani Mahama (NDC)
- Ghana Union Movement – Rev. Kwabena Andrews (GUM)
- Convention People’s Party – Ivor Kobina Greenstreet (CPP)
- Ghana Freedom Party – Akua Donkor (GFP)
- Great Consolidated Popular Party – Dr Henry Lartey (GCPP)
- All People’s Congress – Hassan Ayariga (APC)
- Liberal Party of Ghana – Kofi Akpaloo (LPG)
- People’s National Convention – David Akpasera (PNC)
- Progressive People’s Party – Brigitte Dzogbenuku (PPP)
- National Democratic Party – Konadu Agyemang Rawlings (NDP)
- Independent Candidate – Asiedu Walker
This balloting came shortly after the Chair of the Commission Jean Adukwei Mensa announced the presidential aspirants who were eligible to contest the 8th elections of the Fourth Republic.
12 flagbearers have been qualified to represent their party while 5 were disqualified over document forgery.